Friday, January 7, 2011

Half way there :)


  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
For me this question is kind of tough. Perhaps 7 months ago my answer would be different but in the past 7 months I have done an immense amount of growing up and changing so I believe that I would answer this with 23 or 24.

  1. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying, hands down.
Each time I try something new I feel exhilarated. It doesn’t matter if I succeed or fail. I am trying these things for me, to improve the person I am and I would MUCH rather try something and fail than to be in the dark and have never tried at all.

  1. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Media. Peer Pressure. Trying to fit in.—The answer is different for everyone but for me, I feel so much pressure from the people around me to like certain things, to do certain things and I don’t realize that these things aren’t me until it’s too late and I am too caught up in trying to please people. In fact, this question makes me question if I really like anything that I do. From now on, my pledge to myself is to legitimately question everything I do to see if it’s really me or if I am just doing it because of pressure.

  1. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I sure hope not. I am trying to be someone that I genuinely like. I am trying to become a doer and I am trying to make things happen. I am going to start with my dreams and go from  there.

  1. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
What is the one thing I wouldn’t change about the world, honestly. But to actually answer this question. I would like for there to be no hate. I am not asking for full on acceptance of everything but at least tolerance. It sounds simple, but it’s really not.

  1. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Wow. I didn’t think this question would be this hard. I get my happiness from those people around me and seeing them happy. I am one of those people that lets my mood be determined by those around me. I know this isn’t a good thing and I should make myself happy, but honestly if the people that I love aren’t happy then I would resent my own happiness.

  1. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I would like to say that I am doing what I believe in. I really, really would. The best I can say now is that I am trying to figure out what I believe in. I have a long road ahead of me, but maybe one day I will be able to look back on this and see that I am doing what I believe in because I certainly don’t believe in settling.

  1. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Wow. I would be half way to my death. The fact of the matter is I don’t think I would do anything differently. I want to live my life by doing what makes me happy, what I find enjoyment in and not in fear that each day will be my last and try to fit in 80 years worth of living in half the time.

  1. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I remember a specific time in my life when I was staring down two different paths. I could see the direction that my life would take with each one. I knew that it was that particular decision that would lead me to become the person that I would die as. I chose the responsible route. I cut ties with the people that were holding be back. I stopped letting other’s opinions matter, and I developed in to the person who is writing this. I think by making that particular choice, I was able to control the course my life has taken. Of course there are the occasional speed bumps and there are times when God and fate interfere, but for the most part what I do controlled by me.

  1. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Who defines right and wrong anyway? I am not concerned with doing either. I am more concerned in doing the things that I want to do. The things that will help shape my personality and I think at the end of the day that’s all that matters.

  1. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
You can respect and admire people and have vastly different opinions than him or her. I would speak out in my friend’s defense. I want to be a person that people respect and admire as well and if I sit back and allowed other people to criticize someone important in my life, then I could no longer ask someone to respect me. As long as I spoke out in a tasteful manner that allowed others to see my point of view, then perhaps I could change their mind.

  1. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Love. Love with no hesitation. Even if your heart gets broken, it is worth it.

  1. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
I would break the law to save someone I didn’t even know.

  1. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Yes. Insanity breeds creativity.

  1. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I eat my chicken biscuits from chik-fil-a differently. I take them apart and eat it all with honey mustard. J

  1. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because I am an individual. I don’t think the same as everyone and no one thinks the same as me.

  1. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?
I use to always want to go on a solo road trip up the east coast, now I want to do that with the love of my life. The only thing stopping me from getting in the car yesterday is money. I wish I wasn’t broke.

  1. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Isn’t everyone? We all come with baggage. It’s the way of life. If I let go of it, I would maybe forget who I became because of it, and I am not willing to make that mistake again.

  1. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
If I had to move to another state, I would probably go to Boston, MA. I don’t really have a reason I have just always wanted to go to Boston. Maybe one of these days.

  1. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Of course I do. I am an American. Americans are demanding and want things instantly. Of course it doesn’t make the elevator faster, but I am impatient. 

  1. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I am all about living my life with joy. I hate worrying and being unhappy.

  1. Why are you, you?
I am me because of the experiences I have had, because of the people I have met, because I have made the decisions that I have made and because of the people that I have loved. If I would have lived my life a millisecond slower or faster than I have, I would be someone completely different. 

  1. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I have tried. I haven’t always succeeded, of course. But no one is perfect. I would have rather learned the things that I have than have been perfect. But I think I have been as successful as most in this endeavor.

  1. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch with a good friend who lives near you for sure. My best friend moved to Arizona in 2007 and it has probably strengthened our friendship more than it has hurt it. We still talk all the time and she is going to be one of my bridesmaids in my wedding.

  1. What are you most grateful for?
The people in my life. Without my friends, family, and the love of my life I would be nothing. They have been there through the good and the bad. They have saw me cry, they have celebrated my successes, and they have helped me become the person I am. These people are the reason that I am alive and they are the reason that I continue to better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment