Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let's face it...

I will get to the other half of those questions eventually... Life has currently taken over and I haven't had much time to get back to blogging, but I do apologize. 


"Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself." -Chinese Proverb


I having been living life full speed ahead lately. In doing so, I find that I miss out on many things that I should have noticed. Some of these are important and some aren't. However, it seems when I look back on the past couple of months I see a recurring pattern; the pattern of opportunity. Each time you take a breath, you are offered the opportunity to extend your life, even if it is for just a few seconds. Each time you meet someone new, you have the opportunity to make a lasting impression. That person could become your best friend or your worst enemy. I guess what I am getting at is the fact that each person has the ability to choose. Sure, sometimes you do have to play the hand you are dealt, sometimes it's the luck of the draw, but ultimately you do have some say so about how your life goes. 


Thus leading to the quote I posted at the beginning. I feel like this doesn't apply just to teachers, but to life in general. Each day we learn new lessons and life acts as the ultimate teacher. Everywhere around you is doors. First you have to look for them. I know (trust me, I have been there) sometimes you have to squint, sometimes you have to refresh your screen, sometimes you may even have to do a double take, but I do promise that those doors are there and they are meant to be used by you.


Here's my challenge to you: Look around you, seize opportunity, and live life. Most of all, don't be afraid of making mistakes... just learn from it!



No comments:

Post a Comment