Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Becoming Mrs. Payne?

My fiance thinks that I should rededicate my blog to my journey of wedding planning and such. While I'm not completely sold on the idea, I will share with you our first bout of wedding planning thus far.

Today Kyle and I went to Nashville to a Bridal Bootcamp at Events @ 1418 hosted by Ashley's Bride Guide. It was AMAZING! No, really  I cannot tell you how great and what a big help these ladies already have been. They answered questions that I didn't even know that I had and they offered inside advice into how to keep from becoming a bridezilla, which I am trying really hard to avoid.

The things that Kyle and I are struggling with so far are trying to figure out where to start and where to get the money for a wedding, seeing as how we are both broke college students. Although I have been quite shell shocked at the idea of spending $2000 on wedding photos and another $2000 on a wedding coordinator, these ladies opened my eyes to the beauty of it all. I don't have to do that!! The only thing that is required of me and my wonderful fiance is the fact that we have to be at the alter (or venue of our choice) and we have to enjoy our day.

Since I have been reflecting upon this, I am going to make my vow to my wonderful husband-to-be here, on this blog in front of God and everyone so that I can reflect upon this each time I start to stray from what I have promised.

Kyle, I cannot promise you much when it comes to our future and all of this wedding chaos, but what I can promise you is to make this day about me and you and the joy of spending the rest of our lives together. I TRY my best not to blow things out of proportion and I will try to compromise about everything we disagree on. I want this to be a day you look back on and have no regrets. I want the same thing for myself. I know this isn't a lot but it's all that I can make sure of. I love you with all of my heart.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment